Welcome to my blog

Today is a beautiful rainy spring day in Seldovia. A little wind, a little sun and here and there some sprinkles of rain.

I am making some homemade soup and finishing up some artwork. I am so glad you stopped by..please get yourself a cup of coffee and join me in my kitchen studio.

I have a regular studio upstairs ...but to tell you the truth..my kitchen table is where I do most of my art....with a cup of coffee and good friends stopping by to chat. Sit down and stay awhile..I am never too busy for company!



Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday






Sunday, bright and beautiful. There is nothing like the sunshine after a winter snow. Everything is so bright and clean looking.
I love the place I live. Seldovia is beautiful in summer and in winter. I never get tired of the ocean beaches, mountain spruce forests, and the light. The sun does amazing things at this latitude...everything is kissed by the sunshine which gives it a quality like nothing else. Hard to explain if you haven't seen it.
Today I am going to start a new sculpture and work on practice rounds from a group I belong too. The Beginners Polymer Clay Group....I can say this is the best group of people I have ever met. Generous, supportive and funny....if you are a beginning polymer clay artist I would encourage you to join this group. They are amazing.

Right now I am trying to learn templates for selling my work online...and a lady from this group just stepped up and started helping me...did I say this is a great group or what?

I sent for 2 aero gardens from QVC and I am excited to get them and start growing. I love to garden, but in Alaska in the winter it is impossible. My roses are under snow...I miss my garden. I planted lilies last year and I am looking forward to summer to see if they wintered over..I hope so. They were stunning. I have never seen such colors.








These lilies are beautiful and the colors bloom at different times so I have blooms all summer long.
Off to sculpt and oh ya...clean house....

No comments:

Post a Comment