Welcome to my blog

Today is a beautiful rainy spring day in Seldovia. A little wind, a little sun and here and there some sprinkles of rain.

I am making some homemade soup and finishing up some artwork. I am so glad you stopped by..please get yourself a cup of coffee and join me in my kitchen studio.

I have a regular studio upstairs ...but to tell you the truth..my kitchen table is where I do most of my art....with a cup of coffee and good friends stopping by to chat. Sit down and stay awhile..I am never too busy for company!



Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Morning In Seldovia



A beautiful, snowy day here in Seldovia. About 25* just a perfect sort of wintery day.

Here is my finished "Special Delivery" fairy. I have her posted on ebay for sale. I think she looks good with or without her beautiful butterfly wings.

It has taken me over a year to finish her. I was so surprised when I went back and looked at the dates on some of the photos of when I started her.

Yesterday my son Scott brought me two octopus heads. Yaaaaa! He fishes on a large boat out of Seldovia Bay(think deadliest catch type) They use the octopus for bait, but they are also very good eating!.
I remove the ink from them and use it for painting. I get about an ounce of ink from each one. My friend Leny came over and helped me so I gave her the ink from one of them. She is a watercolor artist and a long time friend and has been wanting to try painting with the ink for awhile.






Here are two pictures painted with octopus ink. The first one is from when I was a commercial fisherman(woman). It is of two people mending their net at their setnet site on the bay. The net is pulled across the bow of the skiff and mended and returned to the water to continue fishing.
The other is of my favorite flower the "wild rose". I never get tired of painting the beautiful little flowers..they grow wild all over Alaska and I'm sure other states...I have no idea how many paintings I have made of these tough little flowers .....

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite Fairy so far Sandee! SUper Cute. Love the blog too. I'll show it to Shad after the game.

    ReplyDelete