Welcome to my blog

Today is a beautiful rainy spring day in Seldovia. A little wind, a little sun and here and there some sprinkles of rain.

I am making some homemade soup and finishing up some artwork. I am so glad you stopped by..please get yourself a cup of coffee and join me in my kitchen studio.

I have a regular studio upstairs ...but to tell you the truth..my kitchen table is where I do most of my art....with a cup of coffee and good friends stopping by to chat. Sit down and stay awhile..I am never too busy for company!



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Works in Progress 2011


Good Morning! The sun is just coming up here in Seldovia and it is going to be a beautiful day! I am posting some of the Wips(works in progress) that I have sitting on my work table. They don't look like much but will look much better after they are finished.

I have to admit that sometimes it takes me forever to finish a piece...especially if I am not inspired by it or my eyes get tired of looking at it. Then I need to put it away for awhile(weeks or months) and take it out again and see it with "new" eyes.....sometimes I just have looked at something so long that I don't really see it any more.

Here are some faces I am working on....perhaps will become Wendy Froud type creations. Meaning sculpted hands, head, feet and cloth, poseable body.

No comments:

Post a Comment