Welcome to my blog

Today is a beautiful rainy spring day in Seldovia. A little wind, a little sun and here and there some sprinkles of rain.

I am making some homemade soup and finishing up some artwork. I am so glad you stopped by..please get yourself a cup of coffee and join me in my kitchen studio.

I have a regular studio upstairs ...but to tell you the truth..my kitchen table is where I do most of my art....with a cup of coffee and good friends stopping by to chat. Sit down and stay awhile..I am never too busy for company!



Monday, January 24, 2011

Rain and Ice


Another beautiful day here in Seldovia. Rain has turned the snow we had to slush and the roads and pathways to ice.....looks like an ice skating rink outside...pretty but slick!

I have been working on the practice rounds but yesterday I didn't get very much done. Instead I cleaned shells that my son Scott brought me. The boat gets them as they bring up their pots when they are fishing cod. So he brings the nice ones home to me to make in to something. But before I can do that they must be cleaned and all of the stinky stuff taken off of them. Then they must sit a week or two and dry and air out the smells. It smells an awful lot like stinky low tide in my kitchen right now. I am making the crew....I think there are 5 of them....a hermit crab sculpt in the empty shells, as a Thank You for gathering the shells.

I took an online workshop from OddFae.com to learn how to do these cute little creatures. Actually I think I paid for it at www.dollstreetdreamers.com an online store whose owner lives in North Pole Alaska....small world huh?

Anyway they are fun to do and I usually start giggling about halfway through sculpting, when they start taking on their own little character.

No comments:

Post a Comment