Welcome to my blog

Today is a beautiful rainy spring day in Seldovia. A little wind, a little sun and here and there some sprinkles of rain.

I am making some homemade soup and finishing up some artwork. I am so glad you stopped by..please get yourself a cup of coffee and join me in my kitchen studio.

I have a regular studio upstairs ...but to tell you the truth..my kitchen table is where I do most of my art....with a cup of coffee and good friends stopping by to chat. Sit down and stay awhile..I am never too busy for company!



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Works In Progress(WIP's)

Good Morning, I can not believe it has been so long since I posted here. Well it shows how busy my life got for awhile.

Life in the "Village" has been very cold with blizzard conditions for about a week. Which means no mail, no groceries, no travel....no nothin'.

But here are some sculpts that I got done...so being isolated has some "good points".

I have been working on a Wendy Froud type sculpt. It is a free online workshop offered by the polymer clay group that I belong to. Here is what I am working on for that and where I am right now.I hope that I can get the rest of the body to look correct in the proportions. It is going to have a wire armature and a cloth body with sculpted hands and feet. I hand dyed some silk that I had left over from a silk painting workshop .....I dyed it to perfectly match the piece of garment suede I found in my beading stash from making beaded check book covers. Here is the picture of the trim, the suede and the silk in a plastic bag...not the best pictures but it give an idea of what direction I am going. Roxi came and picked out the suede and then I dyed the silk scarf to match.

I still need to sculpt the hands and feet and put some color on the face ...oh yes! and bake the clay. This will be Roxi's doll as it is my first one and she is an avid doll collector.

I also sculpted a second torso for another doll but broke the neck and had to repair it. She has a straight neck rather then the nicely curving pose of the first but that is the learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment