Welcome to my blog

Today is a beautiful rainy spring day in Seldovia. A little wind, a little sun and here and there some sprinkles of rain.

I am making some homemade soup and finishing up some artwork. I am so glad you stopped by..please get yourself a cup of coffee and join me in my kitchen studio.

I have a regular studio upstairs ...but to tell you the truth..my kitchen table is where I do most of my art....with a cup of coffee and good friends stopping by to chat. Sit down and stay awhile..I am never too busy for company!



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How they start. March 16, 2010

My sculpts start as wire armatures. I got some 16 gauge wire from our local gas station and cut it in to a 32 inch piece which I bent in half for the center(backbone) of my sculpture. She will be a fairy, sculpted in the Wendy Froud style...16 inches tall. Pretty weird looking aren't they. They(the wire armatures) have tin foil cores
( head and chest) and then are wrapped with the white florists tape. For one one thing so that the wire and tin foil do not react with the clay and to give the clay something to grip when it is fired in the oven. It also uses less clay...which is nice considering the price of the clay.....

Here are two sculpts that I have in process right now. One is for a friend who does so much for her family and the other is just for me to practice....maybe if it is good I will have it up for sale....maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment