Welcome to my blog

Today is a beautiful rainy spring day in Seldovia. A little wind, a little sun and here and there some sprinkles of rain.

I am making some homemade soup and finishing up some artwork. I am so glad you stopped by..please get yourself a cup of coffee and join me in my kitchen studio.

I have a regular studio upstairs ...but to tell you the truth..my kitchen table is where I do most of my art....with a cup of coffee and good friends stopping by to chat. Sit down and stay awhile..I am never too busy for company!



Saturday, February 15, 2014

My little crabby guys

 The last two days I have been working on getting these shells cleaned so that I can set them to dry. These are how they look when I first get them. There is a lot of work still to do at this point. Boil them, clean them out, make sure all the little worms and critters are out. Because if you miss even one, you will need to go back and check every single one to see which one is stinking the place up.
Then I bleach them...just to cover all possibilities. And then they need to dry for a couple of months. That chamber goes way back and curls several times and moisture can get stuck.
 Only them can I sculpt a little crabby guy or gal to go inside. This little pink lady is not quite finished but she is on her way. Beside her is a shell waiting for an occupant.

No comments:

Post a Comment