Welcome to my blog

Today is a beautiful rainy spring day in Seldovia. A little wind, a little sun and here and there some sprinkles of rain.

I am making some homemade soup and finishing up some artwork. I am so glad you stopped by..please get yourself a cup of coffee and join me in my kitchen studio.

I have a regular studio upstairs ...but to tell you the truth..my kitchen table is where I do most of my art....with a cup of coffee and good friends stopping by to chat. Sit down and stay awhile..I am never too busy for company!



Sunday, August 29, 2010

Alaska in August

Alaska in August is generally a very busy place. But this year around my house it seems to be busier than ever...with my son and his family who have moved here and are living with me while looking for a new place to live. All of the children are in school now and the parents have jobs...so just to find a house for them that is big enough.

I have however found time to work on a sculpt that was half finished before they got here so...now I am getting the urge to sculpt something new...... winter must be just around the corner. The settling in time of year....when everything slows to a nice mellow pace....and I gain about 20 pounds.

Berries are all getting ripe...something we didn't think would ever happen this year because of all the rain...the bears are happy....I know the humans are too.....amazing what a little sunshine can do for just about everything...makes the whole world look better.

I will be posting pictures....tomorrow I will be looking for my camera which I haven't seen since the 4th of July.....I really must show you my new work.....I am really happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment